For woodworkers who are on a strict budget, the concept of finding a single router motor with a fixed as well as plunge bases is a boon. The latest trend in the market is for more versatile routers which can perform both tasks with relative ease. The Bosch 1617EVSPK is one such router that seems to have all the specifications on spot making it a leader in the market. This Router has a powerful motor with advanced technology that can control speeds, precision bases and features that so advanced that perform a number of jobs with relative ease and accuracy.
- The Bosch has a 2.25 Horsepower motor which has high power rating that is required to perform heavy jobs. Another feature of this motor is that it has a soft start technology that is required for the wood not to be damaged when started suddenly. There is a response circuitry that ensures that the efficiency is maintained which makes the cuts cleaner.
- The Speed of the motor can be varied from 8,000 to 25,000 rpm. This enables 6 different speed options. The first three stages speeds will be below 17,000 rpm. Lower speeds can be used for larger diameters of wood and faster speeds can be used for smaller diameters.
- This Bosch Router is one of the best wood routers available in the market because it comes with both a fixed base as well as plunge base. The large diameter of the base ensues that most of the jobs can be done.
- Both the fixed and plunge bases have a quick clamp feature that allows the motor to move between the bases without having to resort to tools. The change between the bases will not take more than a few seconds making it time efficient. The height can also be adjusted accurately thanks to the bit height system feature that is inbuilt in the router kit.
Pros and Cons
- Variable Speed: This Bosch wood router comes with variable speeds. The attractive part is the Speed dial with 6-speed options which makes choosing one easier. The motor has the variablespeed between 8,000 rpm and 25,000 rpm. The speed can be chosen according to the task at hand. The Response Circuitry will help to maintain a constant speed that is required for the tasks.
- Quick Clamp system: The Quick Clamp system is an advantage that is available on both bases. This will help the motor to be able to shift from fixed base to the plunge one and vice- versa with relative ease and minimum time. Due to this Clamp mechanism, no tools are required for the conversion saving much required time.
- Good Height Control: The no tool mechanism holds good for both coarse and fine adjustments. The Dial- system allows the height control with precision.
The disadvantage of the product is that the fixed base handles are quite slippery and can be dangerous.
This Bosch 1617EVSPK is highly recommended for everyone except beginners. This has got a very good review in the market from everyone who has used it. It is perfect for heavy and a variety of work owing to its design which is two – in –one.