The DEWALT DWP611PK is a potential combination of being user-friendly and powerful. So, one can use it at home as well as in a professional environment. Unlike other wood routers, the standard basic features enable even a beginner to use this machine with ease and the additional features will help the intermediate and professional level workers.
- This DWP611PK Palm router looks small for the power that it wields. The most important feature of the wood router has a peak power of 1.25 Horsepower which makes it perfect for the small wood works around the place. Along with the high power and torque, this router also has a special soft start feature which reduces the torque of the motor thereby reducing the stress on the motor.
- An important feature of this wood router is the variable speed dial that allows you to adjust the speed with 6 different knobs. The speed range of this motor is between 16,000 rpm and 27,000 rpm. The first 3 knobs allow you to fluctuate between 16,000 and 20,400 rpm which can be used for larger diameter cuts and the dials 4 to 6 will let you choose between 20,600 and 27,000 rpm for using too cut smaller diameter wood pieces.
- The DEWALT DWP611PK router kit comes with both fixed and plunge bases. There is a locking lever mechanism which keeps the fixed base locked. The plunge router enables smooth movement into the wood. This ensures that we get clean cuts and not a jagged or messy one. This palm router has an adjustment knob which allows you to control the dept aspect. The movement of the router from fixed base to plunge mode can be easily achieved with minimum fuss.
- The palm size router has up to 1.5” depth for fixed base and 2” for the plunge base. This wood router is equipped with an adjustment ring with which we can control the depth up to 1/64” and it comes with an extended 8 slot collet which allows greater contact with the router shank. This creates a smooth operation and allows the tightening and loosening of bits.
- The D – Shape of the fixed base allows greater visibility to the wood worker during all cuts – edging or radius. The spring – loaded release allows for easy removal and shifting of bases.
Pros and Cons
- LightWeight: The Palm held is Lightweight and a compact router.
- SpeedAdjustment: The Speed adjustment dial will let us change the speeds between 16,000 rpm and 27,000 rpm using 6 dial knobs. The palm-held is relatively quiet and it is the powerful tool that can handle both hard wood and soft wood.
- Clear Visibility: The clamp can be adjusted which makes it easy to change bases. The Clear D-design of the base gives you more visibility.
The disadvantage of the product is that it does not come with the edge guide.
After getting a lot of reviews, we are confident that a beginner would be able to handle this router with relative ease and also the advanced workers will find delight in doing their work using the additional features. This is one of the best routers for woodworking, small, compact and versatile router that is being available for a very good price.