Works efficiently and effectively, the PORTER-CABLE 895PK easily grabs a spot on top of the list for popular wood routers. If you are in the market for a good combo router kit, don’t miss out on what the product can offer. Read below for more details.
- Has a powerful motor of 2.25HP that can generate a speed of 10,000 – 23,000 RPM
- Adjustable variable speed through an easy control feature for optimization
- Has a slow-starting feature that helps maintain the speed of the motor even at the toughest jobs
- The product is durable and is heavy duty
- Portable with a weight of 14 pounds and a compact design of 9 x 6 x 12.2 inches in dimensions
What do customers write in reviews
There are wood routers that receive very high approval from the masses, but there are those that aren’t well-received. Fortunately for PORTER-CABLE 895PK, it is of the former.
Here are some of the impressive things users say about the tool
- The tool is a powerful tool that can cut through hardwoods smoothly
- The tool is surprisingly quiet when running at 10,000 RPM
- There are safety features that are highly appreciated
- Has a built-in height adjustment that makes the tool more convenient
- The plunge base is designed ergonomically.
- Great value for money
- It is durable even with extensive use that works on heavy projects
Here are the not-so-impressive reviews of the tool from users
- The plunge base is loose and wobbly
- The kit does not come with a cone, a pin and a CD.
- Screws does not fit well
- Release lever on the tool is too easy to switch
- Some of the materials used are of cheap plastic
- A few of the complaints are caused by shipping mishaps
- Motor runs quietly
- Built-in height adjustment
- Has good customer reviews
- Height adjustment knob comes with an additional cost of around $30
- Height adjustment is rather flimsy
- Lever and spindle lock are not durable
This woodworking tool received a lot of mixed reviews. Since most complaints come from the plunge base, it is recommended that PORTER-CABLE 895PK be attached to a table using its fixed base. Overall, it is still one of the top-rated wood routers just because of its features. If used by an intermediate or advanced user, this wood router is capable of delivering what is asked of it.